Obviously you'll need to visit the
Here are some recommendations for your visit:
1. Pick a good local Real Estate Agency that is government licensed and ensure you are shown properties by someone that is completely bilingual. Lots of the estate agencies in the area are experiencing overseas investors but many have poor communication skills which can seriously hamper your viewing trip and can cause large problems later on once the purchase phase starts. Communication is essential. We work closely with a fully licensed estate agency and will ensure you are shown properties with a full English speaker - not someone who can say the odd phrase or two! Also be aware of self-proclaimed, pretentious slogan using estate agents that try to lure you into using them. The best way to find a good local licensed real estate agent is by word of mouth. The expat communities are usually a good source for this. Rather than trying to organise visits via various agents, pick only a few and ask the agent you are confident in if they can source properties if you have seen them listed elsewhere. The property market in the
We can show you properties with a full native English speaker, fluent in both English AND Portuguese.
2. Think about taking a TomTom One European GPS system. The TomTom is around £250 from Dixons in the high street and about £210 from www.pcworld.co.uk. You will find it an invaluable tool. When viewing properties it is nice to be able to go back to the ones you are interested in more than once.
The answer is the GPS. Simply set the location of the property as a favourite when you are standing outside on the first viewing and you will be able to come and go as often as you like, without the fear of getting lost in the winding Portuguese hillsides. Knowing you can always find your way back to your hotel will also ensure you have stress free trips around the countryside looking at towns and villages. It will ALSO enable you to find the EXACT coordinates of the location of each property on Google Earth... which is discussed below in point 3.
3. If you have a laptop, take it with you. Load Google Earth on to it. Google Earth is a FANTASTIC program, completely FREE which acts like a virtual 3d globe, covering the entire earths surface. The
Why would you want this?
Looking at the property, or area from above can often alert you to things that you would otherwise be unaware of. Our estate agents will always tell you if they know the property is close to a major road, railway track or other potential inconvenience, but with Google Earth you can see for yourself exactly what is round the corner or how close the beach is! You really have to download and use Google Earth to see just how amazing it is - download it free.
4. If you intend to purchase a property during your first visit, OR would like to go home think about your options and then purchase from the
5. Shop around for flights to
CONTACT US NOW - Tell us what type of property you are looking for, and we'll keep you posted!
© Copyright Silver Coast Property - www.Portugal-Silver-Coast.com